20/06/2011

Under Prada's Spell. . .

Since I study fashion I thought why not do a review of my favourite S/S 2011 collection... Prada of course!

That collection started my whole obsession with Ms Prada and her art. Unlike other designers, she sees women in a totally different light. The sex-appeal starts with their personality, intelligence, taste after which you experience the seductive side... This beautiful skirt taken from current collection is a great example. What you notice first of all is the unusual print-Those tropical bananas are not sexy...they're funny. They hit you like the smell of public toilets...strong! It is so playful and harmlessly eccentric.  Later on you notice that the skirt is fitted snugly around her hips and thighs, and the frilled hem is showing her beautiful knees and legs. And that's exactly the type of perfect balance of sex and personality Prada's mastered.

The whole show is just mind blowing! Stripes, bananas, monkeys! You feel like you're on holiday in the sunny Cuba!!! It is the most fresh and modern collection I have seen in a long time. My favourite parts are:

-Baroque sketches overlapping those crazy stripes
-Colour combinations
-Silhouettes-snug on the hip loose on the top.
-20s hair-dos
-Those crazy brogues! I call 'em shape-ups
-Heavy use of cotton
-Use of faux fur

Even the entire high street is following her fashion commands like little puppies. But since when was the high street ever original ?!?!

And here's my little Prada equation:
+

+

+

+

+

=


Cheap&Nasty-Ad xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment